Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Best Friends...

Hi everyone - 5 days straight...I wonder how long I can keep this up???

So how do you thank a friend for always being there for you? For over 11 years my best friend has been at my side and now that I am going through this divorce they are even more supportive for me. Now most people who will read this will and say that is what a best friend is for ~ the only difference for me is my best friend is a guy. I talk to him about everything and he always offers me a shoulder to cry on if needed and does his best to lift me up when I'm down. He was the main force behind my starting church almost a year ago and is working on helping me find my self confidence. I wanted to show him how important he was to me when he had his birthday so I picked two of my favorite quote from the bible and framed them for him...

The quote for this is Esslesiates 3:1-8

A Time for Everything
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


The second one is 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7



4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I will say that he did appreciate both of these. It does make me feel good when I am able to make a gift from scratch and have some one enjoy it.

I used Inspired by Nature for both of these and various sizes of scalloped circle and a sponge dauber to create the skies. The sayings are printed on vellum and mounted over the backgrounds.

No comments: