Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baroque Motifs Flower Pot

Hi everyone!! Todays card is one I did as a WOW project at a stamp camp for my new downline, Tabitha. I really like how this turned out. I think it is fun to look at my stamps in a different way. I thought the swirls looked really neat on my pot with the small flowers in a slightly darker tone to add some accent. The same swirl in green helps add a "leaf" look to the back of my punched flowers. To make the flowers I used the scalloped circle punch and just cut between the scallops partway to create petals. Before I cut I sponged the circles with a tone on tone ink to give some definition ~ I kinda wanted these to look like sunflowers.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs (p131)
Papers: More Mustard, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Really Rust, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip textured
Inks: Summer Sun, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Eyelet Border, 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon Chocolate Chip

No comments: