Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Craft Kit

Hi everyone - I've been invited to my step-brother's wedding in a few weeks so I made him and his bride a card and a purse (to hold a gift card). The card and the purse were made using the Spring Craft Kit from SCS Flybabies. I thought of my husband when I first read this quote, but soon realized it would work wonderfully for a wedding as well. I stamped the saying first and then masked it off to stamp the roses. I think the idea looked a little nicer in my head, but I am totally happy with how this turned out.

The purse was a die cut that I sponged color onto first, then used some of the matching striped paper to cover the front and back of it. I also used the matching ribbon to create a little handle. I used a rub-on to add some decoration to the flap and a matching eyelet to help hold it closed. I used linen thread to tie the bow in the front. This really is a great size to tuck a little gift card into along with some Hershey's kisses (cause what is a wedding without some kisses??) I'm really hoping they enjoy these items.

2 comments:

Beth said...

This is positively adorable-and fabulously clever! Such a lovely gift I'm sure the bride and groom will enjoy (love that saying too!).

Lee said...

Oh yeah!! Just gorgeous.......so perfect for a wedding!! I love that adorable matching purse!!! That quote is just beautiful!!