Monday, April 14, 2008

Clyde Card

What could be better than finding a stamp the matches one of your furry babies?? That was my first reaction when I saw the Stampin' Up! set For Father (Occasions Mini page 21 - available until May 31, 2008) When Clyde was a pup he would sleep on Tony's boots just like the pup in the stamp, so needless to say I had to make Tony a card showcasing our furry baby... It is a little hard to see in the picture, but this puppy even has what I call dalmation paint on his paws to match our Clyde. I stamped the image and colored it on Whisper White card stock then sponged Creamy Caramel around it to make it look aged. I did the Cracked Glass technique (this has to be on of my favorites to do...) on the image to add to the aged look. The card base is Kraft and I added a layer of Close to Cocoa that has had the edges roughed up and Close to Cocoa ink rubbed on them, then layered Close to Cocoa DS on top of that. I mounted my cracked image onto a layer of Basic Black that has been sponged with Whisper White. I finished it off with Aged Cooper Hodge Podge Hardware and Chocolate Poly-Twill ribbon. The sentiment is stamped on a piece of Kraft in Close to Cocoa ink. I'm so very happy with how this card turned out, and thankfully it brought a smile to my hubby's face... :)

2 comments:

Lee said...

Awww.......that is just a sweet, sweet little pup!!! And the dp is just a perfect bg for this little guy!!!

Beth said...

Too cute! I wanted that stamp set just for this one stamp...adorable. You did a wonderful job of coloring (spotted feet & all) and I love the layout!