Friday, April 4, 2008

Channeling my Inner Lee

For all of you who know Lee or read her BLOG you know she LOVES bling and glitter...so when I first started working on this card I knew it would be perfect to add a little bling to...so I decided to let myself go and get nice and glittery...

I started with Not Quite Navy as my base and tore the bottom edge off. I used some of my new puff embossing powder from Ranger to emboss the snowflakes along the Ballet Blue strip. I also cut a square of Ballet Blue to layer under my snowflake image. I used the Ticket Corner punch from SU! to add a little interest to the corners. I stamped my main images on Bashful Blue in Ballet Blue ink and then used the Dazzling Diamond Dust technique on them to really give them some sparkle. The large snowflake image is a stamp we had at Michael's around Christmas time and the small scalloped image is from Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration set, So Many Scallops. IRL it is quite glittery!! I think I liked this channeling Lee...I will have to do it more often!!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Sarah!!! I LOVE it..........well, of COURSE you knew I'd LOVE it!!! You made me feel so good with your title too......LOL!! This card is soooo pretty!!! The colors and the paper.....and well, YEAH!! The glitz!!!

Suzanne said...

So...it sounds as if Lee has made a convert. We may have a very sparkley time in KC.

Beth said...

Hee hee - YEP, that's a Lee card! Beautiful!! Keep working on me though, y'all, I am fairly "bling" challenged...I have to THINK about using it.
*walks away blushing...*