Friday, April 4, 2008

Card Swap


This is a card I did for my upline's technique swap. About 12 of us picked different techniques and made a card front out of them to share with everyone. The idea was to be able to mount them for a 6 x 6 technique book or to be able to use them. Since I already have a tech journal for the classes I teach I made my samples into cards.


I picked the cracked glass technique for my card front and of course I had to use the Blossoms Abound set (I just adore this set!!) I love this technique - I think it makes my cards look older, more distressed. You could also use the same basic technique to create a tile, just don't crack it when it cools. I hope everyone will decide to give this technique a try, it is really quite easy to do.
Stamps: Blossoms Abound
Ink: Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant, Creamy Caramel, Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder

3 comments:

Lee said...

Oooo.......that's just beautiful!! I've tried that technique once......I definitely need to try it again!! This stamp set and the colors are so perfect for the cracked glass look!! Gorgeous card Sarah!!

Suzanne said...

I keep meaning to try this technique, but haven't yet. You did a great job with it. I love how you colored the leaves. They look so real.

Beth said...

This is wonderful! Between the images and the cracked glass it totally reminds me of a piece of grandma's china. Beautiful!