Monday, April 21, 2008

Double Pocket Fold

This card was for the Try a New Technique challenge on SCS TLC164 - Double Pocket Fold the instructions for this striking card can be found here. I knew right away I wanted to use some of the Ginger Blossom DP I have and was totaly thrilled with how this card came out until I realized I didn't have a stamp that matched :( I made due with A Beautiful Thing, but am a little sad that I didn't have anything close to a hibiscus to be able to use...Oh well, life goes on!! I also used my circle nestablities for the first time on this card...I was worried about it but they look really nice and were uber easy to use!! I really like how the laced ribbon turned out on the sides and how cool is it that the narrow satin ribbon I have had for years matches the Groovy Guava?? I love the look of laced ribbon (thank goodness for floss threaders!!) I used Groovy Guava and River Rock as my coordinating colors and stamped in Purely Pomegranate and Groovy Guava for the flowers. This is another card my DD has laid claim to, so I guess I will be making another, next time I will be checking my stamps first ;)

1 comment:

Lee said...

It's fantastic Sarah!!! I also just loved this challenge!! I love your ribbon woven thru the edge of your card!!!