Monday, April 21, 2008

Acetate Card

Hi everyone! I got to go to a shoebox swap with a bunch of wonderful ladies I met on SCS who are in the St. Louis area on Sat and had a wonderful time!! This is the second time in about a year I have got to go to one of these and am really looking forward to attending many more. It is so nice to be able to learn new techniques and make new friends while getting good and inky!!


I really racked my brain for a card to make that would be fairly easy, yet still offer a "WOW" moment. I threw out about 4 designs before I settled on this card...I have been really wanting to try my hand at an acetate card for awhile, and shocking-ly enough I had about 50 sheets of acetate in my scrap room, so I decided to take the plunge and try this card...I was also inspired by one of the challenges on SCS LCS159 - Tool Free. That challenge was to make a card using no special tools, which can be a challenge in and of itself for me sometimes...I really love my tools!!


I discovered that pigment ink never dries on acetate...so thankfully I stocked up on colored Stazon onetime when it was on sale at Michaels... ;) I used Royal Purple and Blazing Red to add the swirls on the top piece of acetate only. I would have never guessed that Blazing Red would be so close in color to Rose Red...who knew?? I picked the set Priceless for this card, as I seem to have fallen in love with it lately!! I hope the ladies at the swap had as much making this as I did...I will also attach a photo of all the cards we made...
There were a total of 14 of us and I think I missed making one card... :( Each card was beautiful and fairly easy to do. I got to play with Copics for the first time (lighthouse card) and got to use some FABULOUS paper that came over from Florence, Italy (that would be the purple scalloped looking paper...that card will be staying on my inspiration board). We also learned a new folding technique that is a great size to put a gift card in (graduation card) and made a seed packet holder card (large flower card at the bottom). All in all I had a wonderful time and enjoyed some great company!! Here is a link to all of the cards so you can see bigger pictures...
I can't wait for the next go round!!

2 comments:

Corrine said...

I'm lovin that acetate card!!! I've always wanted to try one but can't get up the nerve. Very striking!

Lee said...

How fun Sarah!!! Your card is FANTASTIC!!! Wonderfully done and a definite WOW!! I LOVE Acetate cards!!! What ink did you use?? I learned Craft ink smears even a couple days after I stamp it on Acetate. I'm glad you got to have such a good swap and got some gorgeous cards!!!