Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Polka Petals

SCS offers great challenges to get people to not only stamp, but to maybe get out of your comfort zone and try something new. This next card is the first challenge I participated in, but definately won't be my last!! The challenge was to use polka dots on your project. Believe it or not this is the first time this stamp set has seen ink since I got it last year...it won't be the last time it does however...






I started by stamping 4 dark petals and 4 light petals on a scrap piece of white paper and they cut them out. I wanted to have the darker layer look really full, so I cut one petal in half and made those pieces the starting point on my light pink polka dot layer. When I designed this card the flower was originally going to be on the left side, however I put the petal that says "smile" on the wrong end so I had to flip-flop the design (or tell the reciepent to cock their head so they could read it...) I really like how all these pinks work together, I was worried it would be pink overload, but I think it turned out alright.
  • Stamps: Pick a Petal
  • Papers: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Berry Bliss DS PP, Rose Red DS PP
  • Inks: Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink
  • Accessories: Pearl (from Pretties Kit), Wine ribbon, pop dots

1 comment:

Lee said...

This is just lovely!!! The ribbon is very cool!! Oh, and there is NO such thing as Pink Overload!!! LOL