For the tent topper I couldn't resist playing with the Lovely Lilac Prints Designer Series Papers. I really like this card in purples. I used Elegant Eggplant and Lavender Lace on the stamp. I added a little bling for the center of the flower, in real life it is much more sparkly than in the picture.
- Stamps: True Friend
- Papers: Basic Black, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Lovely Lilac Prints DS
- Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Lovely Lilac
- Accessories: Crystal, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon
I based this off another card I made shortly after getting this set. I changed a few things for this card but really like how it turned out. I watercolored the flowers using my classic ink pads and an aqua painter. The other panel I wanted to be more subtle so I did tone on tone, which gives it a nice look. I stamped the saying on black towards the bottom to help balance the card out. Overall I'm quite happy with how this turned out.
- Stamps: Embrace Life
- Papers: Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Whisper White
- Inks: Basic Black, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Yoyo Yellow
- Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch
Card 3 was going to be a kick stand card, but I was having the hardest time comming up with a card I likes so I went with my newest favorite layout...
I didn't want to make this just pink and brown so I went to scrapitude.com to help find some colors that I thought would look good...I will say this is a really colorful card. I really like how bright it turned out.
- Stamps: Merci
- Papers: Berry Bliss DS, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Ballet Blue, Gable Green, Very Vanilla
- Inks: Close to Cocoa, Ballet Blue, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green
- Accessories: Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Pop Dots
This last picture is the project we are going to do. I was inspired for this by my upline's upline...she called it a Flower Pot.
You start with a 6 x 6 piece of paper and score in 2 inches from each side and diagonally in the corners and fold up like a box. I punched little holes through both sides of the corners and strung thread through the holes and tied a knot to hold it together. I used a really strong glue dot in the middle of the pot and placed a 6 inch dowel on it to make my stem. To help fill the base I used shredded paper that I got from Michael's Crafts (can't imagine how I knew they would have that...). To make this more fun for a party type project I placed mini York peppermint patties between 2 flower punches. This was super easy to make, and really looks cute!! Just beware it tends to be a paper hog, with all those punches...
- Stamps: Priceless
- Papers: Wild Wasabi Textured, Summer Sun, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
- Inks: Purely Pomegranate
- Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" punch, 1 1/4" punch, York peppermint patties, shredded paper, Wild Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon, 3/8" dowel, glue dots