Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shaving Whale

Hi! I've been stamping quite a bit lately, and it just dawned on me that I haven't been posting any of the creations I've made...so here are some of the cards I've done in the past week or so...

I call this one Shaving Whale...it was made for an Animal/Critter swap on SCS. I knew right away that I wanted to use this whale (isn't he cute??) stamp from Silly Sealife, which is retired. What better way to create the look of water than using the shaving cream technique (here is the tutorial) I had 11 of these cards to make and needless to say I made a little mess, but had a great time. I wish I would have had my DH take a picture of my gloved hands...they were covered in blue shaving cream, as was my desk, and ink pad catty and markers...I think you get the picture. Thank goodness for Clorox Wipes!! The design of the card was inspired by Buzzy Bumblebee on SCS, here is her card. I knew I wanted to use the striped paper (which is becoming my favorite pattern!) to help contrast all the swirls I had going on the background. I watercolored the whale and used Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the water coming out of his spout and in random water spots around him. It is really hard to see in the picture, but has a nice shimmer IRL. I really did have a blast making this card...I think more will be in my future.

  • Stamps: Silly Sealife
  • Paper: Brillant Blue, Cool Carribean, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise DS PP
  • Inks: Brillant Blue, Cool Carribean, Going Gray
  • Accessories: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Aqua Painter

1 comment:

Lee said...

Ohhhhhh......I can't wait.....I'll be getting one of these in that swap!!! :) I still need to try that technique....soooo pretty!!