Thursday, July 17, 2008

Punch Book & Card

Hi everyone!! I made this great little book a few days ago and haven't had a chance to share it with everyone. Tami White offered a Punch Fun Class where she shared with you 20 different paper art designs you can make with your SU! punches - like a horse, hamburgers, camera and popsicles. Along with the instructions came an On Board Art Journal. I decided I had to dress my journal up so this is what I came up with. I used my Spiral punch to punch the length of my Brilliant Blue card stock and matched it with Jersey Shore DS. I pulled out my Cricut Expressions to create the title using the Tear Drop cartridge. I made my shadow using Textured Basic Black and my letters using Wild Wasabi. The medallion on the bottom uses 6 different punches to create a flower. I also decorated the back of the book using the same layout, just with no lettering...

Since I had some leftover card stock I decided to make a card to match my book...my base is Brilliant Blue with the Jersey Shore DS layered on top. About half way down I added a ribbon holder from the Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, which is retiring this year :( and some coordinating Jersey ribbon. I made a slip knot towards the edge of the card and left a little tail for some added interest. I used Heartfelt Thanks for my main image inked in Only Orange, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green and Old Olive and outlined in Basic Black. I inked the edges in Only Orange and mounted it on Brilliant Blue and then on Wild Wasabi, both of which have had the edges inked in tone on tone. The sentiment comes from Short & Sweet and is inked in Only Orange and has the edges inked in Brilliant Blue. All-in-all this is one of my favorite cards - and in a color family that I rarely use...guess I will need to break into those Bold Brights more often!!

6 comments:

Lee said...

Oh my Sarah!! This is sooo FABulous!!! You know I didn't order that Jersey Shore dp 'cuz I wasn't wowed by it.......but your journal and card sure do make that WOW factor!!!!

JenniferL. said...

You are on a roll with these little books. They all look great!

Christi Flores said...

Man, I am loving all these books you've been doing lately!! This one is awesome!! Love the colors!

Teresa said...

Wow, wow and WOW!!

Beautiful work, so detailed, with so many great ideas. HOw do you think of these things????

Misty said...

Love those papers you used! Book and card are amazing.
Misty

Suzanne said...

I love my Heartfelt Thanks set. I know it is old but it is so good! I also love the idea of a punch book. One day I am going to do one of these. I have pics from last years SU convention with animals all done with punches.