Thursday, July 3, 2008

Michael's Challenge

Hi again, as most of you know I work part time at Michael's Crafts (to help support my habit...) and a few weeks ago there was a board posted by the break room that's white with a question in the middle that says "How do you define Michael's?" The goal is for everyone to put up something that we feel defines what Michael's means to us...there were jokes about pay stubs and work schedules going up, but the point was to put up something that you would go to Michael's for...so I got out my Cricut Expression last night and combined my 2 loves...flowers and paper crafts and came up with this... it is about 15 inches high and was made using the Walk in my Garden cartridge. I mounted it onto a piece of clear acetate to help give it some stability and then trimmed it once the adhesive dried. I also added a tag to the ribbon that said "Michael's allows me to express my creativity!" I also put up a few cards to help add some color to the board. So far the reaction to my flowers has been pretty good. I can't wait to see what you think of it!!

2 comments:

Christi Flores said...

I think this is beautiful!!!! Awesome!! Now I'm really wanting a Cricut!! :)

Lee said...

BEEEEEEEEEEautiful!!! And what a lovely statement about your work!!