Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mini book for Hubby...

Yesterday my DH came home from work quite a bit earlier than usual. While we were thrilled to see him at dinner time, I was curious as to what had happened at work. He told me he had a really bad day, some of the higher ups were in his shop most of the day, his co-worker was not getting as much done as he needed to, trucks were needing more parts than they had on hand...the list just kept going, all-in-all just a yucky day. He was feeling a little depleated so I wanted to make him a little something to be able to keep with him, so when work starts to bring him down he has something from us to help lift him back up.

I have been seeing these great mini-books using the Bind-It-All and of course wanted to make one...I found a great tutorial on Barb Mullikin's blog Stampin' IS my job (how cool of a title is that??) on how to make one so off I went to my room to try to make hubby feel better...

I started with a peice of Brilliant Blue 12 x 12 Prints Designer Series Paper and layered a piece of 3 1/2 x 2 1/4" textured Basic Black cardstock with a piece of 3 1/4 x 2" piece of Whisper White. I used Baroque Motifs for my main image, the large swirl was inked with Bashful Blue and the small flower was inked in Soft Sky, both images were stamed off one time before being stamped onto my cardstock. On top of the background I used a stamp from Smarty Pants inked in Brilliant Blue.
All the inserts are Whisper White cut to 3 1/2 x 2 1/4" . I followed the same stamping pattern as I did on the front of the book. I used the stamps from Smarty Pants to add the tone for each tab. On the back of each card I wrote a personal message for DH that related to the stamp. On the final tab I used a stamp from the Occassions Mini Full of Life, just to help keep things in perspective. I can say that he was very happy with it and tucked it into his work shirt for today so he can keep it close incase today is as bad as yesterday. I think I will be making similar books for each of the kids to take to school with them next year...

3 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is fantastic!! Yet another reason I want a BIA!! LOL What a sweet wife you are!!

Suzanne said...

Sarah this is a wonderful gift. You are so talented to be able to sit down and get it completed so quickly. I didn't realize you had a bind it all and was wondering how you got all the pages covered so well so quickly. The right tools are a big help...which I am sure your DH would agree with!

Lee said...

I just love this!! It's truly a special and meaningful gift of love and appreciation for your hubby!!!