Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Live Your Dreams...

Hi all...we had a really great time for our anniversary. We got rained out of taking the bike to the Botanical Gardens, so we went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I don't want to give alot away so I'll just say if you are an Indy fan you will enjoy it.

I got to work on making some cards the past few days and really wanted to share them with you. I was inspired by this card on Lesly Adams' BLOG Stamp Yourself Silly to create this card. I did change a few things from her card, I took the ribbon away and added some embossed butterflies around my main image. I really do like how this card turned out. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the main image again in Versamark and embossed the flowers and butterflies with Iridescent Ice EP. My main image is attached to the right side of the card.

Stamps: Live Your Dreams
Inks: Cameo Coral, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Papers: Afternoon Tea DP, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Iridescent Ice EP


I have been thinking this set would look great aged so today I came up with this card. I crumpled the background paper up them ran my Creamy Caramel ink pad over it to make it look aged. I also sponged some of the same Caramel ink around the edges. I inked my flowers ups with Pretty in Pink and then sponged Groovy Guava around the outsides of the petals to try to mimic the way the flowers look on the paper. I inked the edges of my mats and did the Crackled Glass technique to age the main image. I did the Rock & Roll technique on the butterfly. I really do like how this card looks. I layered my ribbon between the Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava mats to add a little interest.

Stamps: Live Your Dreams
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Groovy Guava, Close to Cocoa, Garden Green, Versamark
Papers: Afternoon Tea DP, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Ultra Thick EP, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Ribbon

4 comments:

Lee said...

Oh my Sarah!!!!! These are fabulously GORgeous!!!! I'm so lovin' that Afternoon Tea dp!!! And what a beautiful image in the cracked glass card!!

Suzanne said...

Both of these cards are awesome. Please bring this set to KC. And thank you for reminding me of the rock 'n roll technique. I had totally forgot about it.

Christi said...

Sarah ~ Both of these cards are beautiful!!! I love the embossed butterflies, the cracked glass technique, and that paper is gorgeous!

Christi D.

Teresa said...

Both cards are beautiful! It's so great to see the way the same things can look so different with just a few changes.