Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lilac Gruffies 2

So my first Gruffies card was cute, but I think this one is even better! I changed a few elements and now it has the "umph" I was looking for...I kept the colors the same, but changed the layout a little. I reversed the colors of the mat to make the main image stand out a little more, and made the main image a little smaller so more of the background showed. I punched a scallop out of Pale Plum and lightly sponged Elegant Eggplant onto it to add depth. I also inked Elegant Eggplant around the saying in the middle to make it stand out a little more. The whole scallop is raised with dimentionals. I moved the ribbon down so the knot wouldn't compete with the saying and used my word window punch to add the rest of the saying behind the CB'ed panel. A mini sugar brad finishes it off nicely I think. I really like this re-vamped card and can't wait to see what you think!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh yes....you took a very nice card and made it WOW!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!! The added details are soooooooo gorgeous and definitely just make this card POP!!!

UK MUM IN USA said...

Gorgeous card i LOVE IT.