Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lilac Gruffies 2

So my first Gruffies card was cute, but I think this one is even better! I changed a few elements and now it has the "umph" I was looking for...I kept the colors the same, but changed the layout a little. I reversed the colors of the mat to make the main image stand out a little more, and made the main image a little smaller so more of the background showed. I punched a scallop out of Pale Plum and lightly sponged Elegant Eggplant onto it to add depth. I also inked Elegant Eggplant around the saying in the middle to make it stand out a little more. The whole scallop is raised with dimentionals. I moved the ribbon down so the knot wouldn't compete with the saying and used my word window punch to add the rest of the saying behind the CB'ed panel. A mini sugar brad finishes it off nicely I think. I really like this re-vamped card and can't wait to see what you think!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh yes....you took a very nice card and made it WOW!

Lee said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!! The added details are soooooooo gorgeous and definitely just make this card POP!!!

UKMUMINUSA said...

Gorgeous card i LOVE IT.