Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunset Gift Card

Hi everyone! I have another card to share from the gift cards I made for friends and family. I know I have said that I have a really hard time picking a favorite, but this one is in the top of my favorite cards! I catch myself just looking at it for no reason...

I call this one Sunset Flowers. I did this with my brayer and sponges. First I punched a 1.25" circle from a piece of post it note and brayered So Saffron onto a piece of Glossy card stock then I put the circle that I punched out over the sun I just created and sponged Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red and Night of Navy all around layering the colors a little to get a nice blend going. Then I lifted the post it note sun off and really like how I got the white shadow at the bottom of the sun. I stamped the flowers from Upsy Daisy in StazOn Black across the bottom of the paper, making sure to get the tall flower somewhere in the sun. I so love how this card turned out! It has such a peaceful look to it. The base of the card is Taken with Teal and it has a piece of Windsor Knot along the bottom 1/3 of the card. The main image is layered with So Saffron and Old Olive and I added a small piece of Tempting Turquoise ribbon to the side.

The inside turned out just as neat as the front I think. I used the same flowers as on the front except I stamped them in So Saffron and did my sentiment in Taken with Teal.

This is a card I can't wait to teach at one of my next classes ~ I'm sure my ladies will love creating this card as much as I did!!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

WOW!!!!!

This card is absolutely STUNNING!!!!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!!! THis is gorgeous!!!!!