Saturday, December 27, 2008

12 Month Card Organizer

I was greatly inspired by Patty's Stamping Spot to create this project. It is so very easy to make and is a wonderful gift to give someone.

I used my Cricut Expressions to create the title, using the Calligraphy cartridge for the font, my DD picked out the colors and papers for the organizer so I'm giving it to her to be able to track and store the cards she makes for people's special occasions. We used the retired Bali Breeze DS and the coordinating card stock and ribbon.

The supply list is pretty short: 6 pieces 12 x 12 DS paper, the chipboard support piece from the pack of paper, BIA, large O rings (1" or larger), accent paper, embellishments.

Start by scoring your paper at 4" then turning and scoring it at 6". You want the score marks to cross on the paper. Fold at the 4" score mark first to create the pocket and then fold at the 6 " mark to create the two pages. Repeat for the remaining 5 pieces of DS paper.

This is what that stack should look like:

Next decorate your covers and punch your holes through all the pages and covers with the BIA. I chose to bind at the top and bottom of the book, but you could create the rings all the way down if you wanted.
I forgot to take a picture of the inside pages and the calender section, but you can go here and download the months from Splitcoast Stampers.

I hope everyone enjoyed my rambling first tutorial...I promise as I do more I will get better at it ;)

1 comment:

Corrine said...

This is cute! I've always wanted to make one but I didn't think I'd be able to figure it out. Now I just might have to give it a try!