Thursday, March 12, 2009

I finally have cards to share - again!!

Hello to everyone!! I know it has been quite awhile since I posted last - I have to say the past few months have been stressful and busy - the stressful part comes from work, a coveted full time spot became available and several people applied for it including me. It got down to me and another gal and earlier this week I found out that the other gal got the spot. I'm happy for her but a little frustrated at the same time. We were in limbo for about three months waiting to see who was going to get the spot and I thought I had a really good shot at it. I now believe God has other plans for me...I have started putting my resume out to several places and have had a promising interview - say a prayer if you would that I'm asked back next week for the second interview...I will keep everyone posted...

I have also (finally) gotten back into making cards!!! I decided I needed to be doing something for myself and I truly enjoy paper crafting. My kids have also been in the card making mood so we have been having lots of fun every evening. Our goal has been to create challenges for each other, one of them gets to pick the stamp set and the other the colors we use and we all create a card - some are goofy and some are more serious but all are original and bring us together doing some fun stuff and that is all that really counts I think. I will say some of the cards my DD has made really blow me away - she has done a couple that I plan on CASING!!!! I have also managed to complete some of my 5 way challenge cards!!

This is the card I made for this challenge with my kids - my DD picked the stamp set and my DS picked the colors. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up my birds and a punched out scallop circle punch to create the clouds.

Here is the card my DD created - she loves to put her papers on an angle and to distress her layers by running them over the stamp pad. She opted to not color her image for this card.

Here is the card my DS created - he got quite creative with his card I think...the tiger face in the bottom is actually a butterfly punch that he colored...after I took the picture he decided to color in his rhino...

I hope everyone has enjoyed a glimpse of our card making challenges - some of the challenge cards have only been done with DD and me or DS and me - as anyone who has kids knows they don't always want to do the same things at the same time...

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Great cards- and I'm sure the family together time makes them extra special!

Suzanne said...

All the cards are wonderful. What fun that your kids want to stamp with you. Not only are you making cards, but also memories.

Christi Flores said...

How fun Sarah! Love all of your cards. I will say a prayer about your job prospects. Please keep us posted!!